The false Rex Tillerson story published by NBCNews was a perfect example of the liberal media’s war on the truth. Secretary Tillerson publicly shut down the dishonest reporting and called out the press for their petty and divisive reporting. This was just the latest in the daily push to force the liberal agenda upon the average American.
The shock of Hillary’s billion-dollar campaign implosion sunk into the traumatized newsrooms last November and it’s been an all-out assault on the Presidency of the United States ever since. They’ve launched coordinated narratives designed to deceive voters and rally anti-Trump funded groups to oppose any attempt to fix this country and undo the carnage of the last administration. Between the major television networks, cable news shows, late-night comedians, scripted TV dramas and movies, every attempt has been made to insult the 63 million Americans who voted for Donald Trump.
What’s worse, is that recent tragedies have been politicalized and used to forward their agendas. The lies have grown more brazen.
Here are a few examples of how disingenuous the media message has become:
The Russian Facebook Invasion
Prior to Hurricane and Las Vegas shooting coverage, the daily headlines were focused on how Russia infiltrated Facebook to help Trump win the election. Here are a few examples:
- Facebook showed Russia’s election ads to 10 million people (the Verge)
- Today’s Impeach-O-Meter: Facebook Sold 2016 Election Ads to Russian Trolls (Slate)
- ‘We’re Still At The Tip Of The Iceberg’ With Facebook On Russian Election Meddling, Senator Says (HuffPo)
All of these stories are selling the same idea; Trump and Russia coordinated in buying targeted Facebook advertising on a massive scale to influence the election. Mueller is going to use this in his investigation to finally nail Trump for colluding with Russia.
That sounds pretty compelling until you look at the actual data. Facebook responded to congressional questions regarding this issue and provided some insight into what really happened.
According to Facebook:
- An estimated 10 million people in the US saw the ads. We were able to approximate the number of unique people (“reach”) who saw at least one of these ads, with our best modeling
- 44% of total ad impressions (number of times ads were displayed) were before the US election on November 8, 2016; 56% were after the election.
- Roughly 25% of the ads were never shown to anyone. That’s because advertising auctions are designed so that ads reach people based on relevance, and certain ads may not reach anyone as a result.
- For 50% of the ads, less than $3 was spent; for 99% of the ads, less than $1,000 was spent.
- About 1% of the ads used a specific type of Custom Audiences targeting to reach people on Facebook who had visited that advertiser’s website or liked the advertiser’s Page — as well as to reach people who are similar to those audiences. None of the ads used another type of Custom Audiences targeting based on personal information such as email addresses.
How Facebook Works
To understand what all this means, you need to know how the Facebook platform works. If you have a Facebook profile or page, the number of followers you have does not mean the number of people you will reach whenever you post to your timeline. Facebook has an algorithm designed to limit the reach of your posts based on the level of interest in your content. The more people who engage with your content right after you post will determine how many people may actually see the post. Content reach (displayed content/ads) is how many people potentially saw the content, not actually saw or engaged the content. The average engagement rate on Facebook content is 0.5%. Engagement is defined as reactions, comments, and shares on a post.
The Real Impact of Russian Facebook Ads – By the Numbers
- Facebook says the ads purchased by Russians had the potential to be seen on 10 million Facebook accounts.
- Facebook estimates that up to 11.5% of all accounts are fake, bringing the total down to 8.85 million real accounts with potential ad views.
- Only 44% of the ads were purchased BEFORE the election. The remaining 56% of the ads were published after the Presidential election and had a ZERO percent chance of influencing voter opinions before casting a ballot. This takes the total possible voter ad impressions down to 3.77 million accounts.
- Only 1% of the ads used additional targeting. CNN published a story saying that Russians targeted Michigan and Wisconsin with ads proving collusion. Anyone with any knowledge of US elections knows about battleground states. If you want your ads to work, then you target one of these states. Facebook ad targeting is extremely easy, you do not need a data scientist or campaign coordination to figure this out. That being said, if 1% of ads were targeted between Michigan and Wisconsin, then only 18,850 accounts potentially saw ads in each state. With an average engagement rate of .5%, this means less than 100 people likely reacted, commented, or shared these Facebook ads.
- Voter turnout of the voting age population averaged around 69%. This means that less than 69 potential voters clicked on these ads in each state.
- It is impossible for 69 people in Wisconsin or Michigan to swing an election.
CNN, Huffington Post, NBC, MSNBC, ABC, and more are ALL lying to you about the Russian Facebook ads narrative. This is one of many reasons why the FBI, Mueller, and more have never concluded that Trump colluded with Russia.
The Hurricane of Lies about Puerto Rico
Hurricane Maria caused major damage on the United States Territory of Puerto Rico on September 20, 2017. According to every major liberal media outlet, Trump botched the preparation of relief and recovery efforts because of racism. This narrative played out for days until it was proven to be a lie perpetrated by the media and their disingenuous proxy in the island, the mayor of San Juan, Carmen Yulin Cruz.
She claimed that people were dying because Trump refused to send help.
When asked about relief efforts another Puerto Rican mayor said the following:
“My experience is different. I have been participating in different meetings at the headquarters of FEMA and our government and the help is coming in and right now my experience is different from hers. I’m receiving help from the government, we are receiving assistance from FEMA, I got people over here helping us with applications for the people that have damage in their houses. And we have here in Guaynabo, we have thousands of people that lost partially or totally their houses.”
When asked about the mayor of San Juan…
“I don’t know why she is saying that. What I can tell you is my experience. She is not participating in any meetings and we had a couple already with the governors and with representation of FEMA and of HUD, of these whole federal agencies that have given us help and she’s not participating in those meetings and some mayors from her political party have been participating, so I don’t know why she is saying that. My experience is very different.”
The Governor, congresswoman, and others all had different stories than the one the Mayor of San Juan was parading on CNN. Late-night comedians like John Oliver jumped at the chance to attack Trump and spread the false narrative that not helping Puerto Rico was based on a racist agenda.
The White House released this timeline proving that the response was massive, well-coordinated, and effective.
Jimmy Kimmel Does Not Speak for America
While a motive for the tragic shooting in Las Vegas that left 59 dead and over 500 wounded has not been discovered yet, it did not stop the left from jumping on this issue to shame the owners of the estimated 270 million guns in America.
Jimmy Kimmel’s late-night monologue was praised by the left as leading the message on the insanity of gun ownership. During his show, he promoted many false Democrat-led narratives against gun ownership:
“Orlando, Newtown, Aurora, San Bernardino, every one of these shootings the murderer used automatic or semiautomatic rifles, which are not weapons used for self-defense. They’re weapons designed to kill large numbers of people in the shortest amount of time. And this guy reportedly had ten of them in his room, apparently, legally, at least some of them were there legally. Why is that allowed?”
David French of the National Review countered with the following: “Let’s deal with this factual point — the shooters in the cities listed above did not use automatic rifles (the Las Vegas shooter may have used an automatic weapon, or a semiautomatic weapon modified to simulate automatic rates of fire). They used semiautomatic rifles, and semiautomatic rifles are used for self-defense. I have one in my home now. Multiple self-defense experts recommend an AR or similar semiautomatic rifle as the best home-defense weapon. Many Americans find them far easier to use than pistols, and they’re far more accurate. Moreover, we’ve tried banning them before, and there was no impact on gun crime.”
His article goes on to point out the attacks Kimmel used were misleading and designed to shame Americans into rejecting the Constitution.
The Liberal media spent the entire day after the shooting to promote their message that the lack of gun control is the reason people died in Las Vegas. They want to blame the guns, not the evil man who planned the attack, aimed at innocent people and pull the trigger.
These are the facts:
- Gun ownership is up and climbing.
- Gun ownership is a constitutional right.
- Automatic weapons purchases are highly regulated and difficult to acquire
- Gun purchases from an FFL dealer require a background check
- The guns used in the shooting were all legally acquired and the shooter passed federal background checks
- Gun control laws do not stop criminals from acquiring and using guns.
Lies, Disguised as News
America is fed up with political correctness, fake news, and the bullying by the liberal media on our values. We own guns. We are not all racists. We believe in helping people. We believe in hard work as a way to get ahead in life. We rejected the liberal agenda and voted for a President that best supported our values. It is time for the media to come to terms with this instead of trying to force everyone to conform to their twisted agendas.
The lies need to stop.